5 Powerful Behaviors Type 1 Diabetes Teaches You
Being personally responsible for one’s own health on a day-to-day basis because of type 1 diabetes is both a blessing and a curse. While it can create untold stress, it also can instill qualities in people with Type 1 that would be an asset to any organization. Here are some 5 powerful behaviors Type 1 diabetes teaches you:
- Accountability: If you think you’re responsible for the good things that happen in your life, then you also need to take responsibility for the negative aspects. Low and high blood sugars happen, but it’s up to the individual with Type 1 to determine what to do about them.
- No Excuses: Many of those with Type 1 have a powerful mindset about their condition. Kelli Kuehne, former LPGA golfer with Type 1, sums it up: “Diabetes is a condition, it’s not an excuse.” There’s only so long a successful person with Type 1 can blame shortcomings on a non-functioning pancreas.
- Self-management: Good self-management means you have determined what behaviors need to show up most consistently so that you’ve made them automatic. Diabetes is exhausting, so successful people with Type 1 have boiled down their daily routine to what works.
- Reflective Lens: Successful people with Type 1 diabetes understand that there are limits to what they can control in their health and move forward. When things get tough and they feel external triggers bearing down on them, they step outside themselves and ask, “What is the most realistically optimistic story I can tell myself about any given set of circumstances?”
- A Setback or a Step Forward?Diabetes can be a catalyst for growth, a fuel for resilience and an accelerant of human performance. Successful people with Type 1 make the most of it.
Planning and preparation makes this lifestyle practical, livable, and sustainable. Being purposeful & organized helps you persevere and master this condition when motivation runs low. The old saying is true, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” Our 132-page downloadable, printable e-publication, “Targeting Success” provides you with resources to target long term success following the Health-e-Solutions lifestyle. We don’t think it is in your best interest to achieve short term success if it cannot be sustained. To that end we have compiled and created this set of reports into one e-book to help you plan, prepare, organize and succeed in transforming your lifestyle for improved blood sugar control and better living. This is an essential resource for your long term success. You will not regret learning the valuable tips and strategies found here.