Exercise Watching Television. Get off the couch to change the channel. If your favorite TV shows are pulling you away from your workout, why not combine the two?
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions:
- Ditch the remote and walk to the TV to change the channel (if you still have a manual option!).
- During commercial breaks, walk up and down the stairs or around the room.
- Perform resistance exercises while you watch.
- Invest in a treadmill or stationary bike.
- Perform activities that require you to stand, such as ironing your clothes.
We think this is great advice! As one of the five pillars supporting thriving health, an integral part of the Health-e-Solutions lifestyle always includes a consistent exercise regimen. We want to help you realize the importance of exercise, but also the complexities involved in managing blood sugars while incorporating exercise into your daily routine.
Our 40-page downloadable, printable report on exercise and diabetes equips you to make exercise with diabetes, particularly insulin-dependent diabetes, more manageable, fun, and practical. Put your body in a position of strength by promoting, supporting and creating health. Get tools and solutions to help minimize consequences and maximize benefits for nutrition, environment, exercise, sleep and stress management.