Recipes to Help You Master Diabetes
Free Recipes! Yes! We can all use some encouragement in the kitchen once in a while.
The Health-e-Solutions lifestyle can be challenging at times in the kitchen, but it is always rewarding. We hope you find recipes here that are helpful in your journey of discovery on the road to better health. These recipes are very low on the glycemic index, very low in insulin demand, anti-inflammatory and high in nutritional value.
For entire recipe e-Books filled with great tasting recipes with little impact on blood sugars, see our recipe e-Books in our products section
You must log in to your Health-e-Solutions free member account to access all the content on this page.
Sign up to receive our free newsletter via email and stay up-to-speed with relevant research, great Health-e-Solutions lifestyle tips, exciting news and inspiring words to keep you connected and encouraged to #MasterDiabetes the healthiest way possible!
Did I mention It’s Free?!
We have literally thousands of helpful articles in our newsletter archive. You will find a wide variety of articles supporting the methodology of the Health-e-Solutions lifestyle, as well as inspiring quotes, practical tips to support your new lifestyle, success stories from other people who are travelling this road for thriving health, and plenty of articles and research to explain why you can achieve awesome #BloodSugarControl naturally. Not only have our two boys with type 1 diabetes benefited from the changes we have made, but our whole family enjoys improved health and cessation of symptoms of other chronic conditions.
- Nutrition Information Added to Roman Diet Recipes We added nutrition information for each recipe in our Ultimate and Liquid Assets recipe e-books from the Nutritiondata.self.com food database. Purchase now!
- Roman Diet Liquid Assets Diabetes Recipe e-Book Liquid Assets Diabetes Recipe e-Book: 65 soup, juice, smoothie recipes designed for minimum blood sugar impact with maximum focus on nutrition and health.
- Health-e-Recipe: Remedy Inflammation, Flu, Fevers, Colds, Infections This super cleansing tonic is an antibiotic, destroying both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. It is also a potent anti-viral and anti-fungal/yeast formula, and will increase blood and lymph circulation to every part of the body.
- Freaky Finger Food! Having healthy diabetic treats can be delicious and creative! Here is a ‘finger” food that will catch your eye. Thank you to Sara and Sophia for sending us a picture of their tasty treats.
- Health-e-Recipe: Beanless Falafel This delicious recipe can be made in a matter of minutes, but it does require a dehydrator. These make a great lunch item, or just pop them in your mouth as a snack item.
- Wilted Kale Salad & Creamy Chipotle Dressing This Wilted Kale Salad recipe is a great recipe from the site of raw food chef, Russell James. This recipe is alkaline and therapeutic. Thanks to chef Russell James for giving us permission to post this delicious recipe. We hope you enjoy it.
- 5-Minute Cold Cucumber Salad Stay cool with this easy-to-prepare summer salad. One serving provides 246% of your Daily Value (DV) for vitamin C and 52% DV for vitamin A.
- Health-e-Recipe- Cute Healthy Egg Idea Simple and attractive, what kid wouldn’t enjoy eating these? They are colorful, amusing and nutritious. Our kids thought they looked like flowers. This is just another way we can make eating healthy to be fun!
- Five Best Summertime Detox Beverages Summertime and the living is easy, except it gets hot.It’s a time for refreshing cool or cold drinks. It’s possible to boost your health, detoxify, and alkalize while drinking a refreshing beverage.
- Health-e-Recipe: Lemon-Lime Creamsicles Thanks to Michelle from Georgia, for another great recipe! This is a great summer-time treat for th whole family.
- Health-e-Recipe: Chocolate Milkshake Chocolate Milkshake: “I like to make this as a treat when everyone is having dessert and I have run out of the lemon bars or cinnamon rolls for Sophia.”
- Sunflower Seed Ginger Energy Bars This Sunflower Seed Ginger Energy Bar recipe is compliments of Kasia in Illinois. She has become the energy bar guru of the Roman Diet. They are great!
- Salmon Cucumber Chili Salad This Salmon Cucumber Chili Salad is a good recipe when transitioning into the Roman Diet. It is a nice variation of the salmon and salad combination.
- Health-e-Recipe: Lime Slushy This Lime Slushy recipe comes to you compliments of Sarah in Florida whose daughter Ava, “has responded amazingly!!!” to the Roman Diet and lifestyle.
- Health-e-Recipe: Sysy’s Creamy Fudge We thank Sysy Morales for this great recipe she created: Sysy’s Creamy Fudge. It is a healthy, raw, very low-glycemic, therapeutic recipe that tastes great!
- Health-e-Recipe: Cheez It Crackers A healthy snack that fits the Roman Diet, Michelle shared this easy Cheez It Crackers recipe. make it ahead for a quick, healthy snack in a pinch.
- Health-e-Recipe: Marinated Greens Dressing Marinated Greens Dressing: With Spring in the air and Summer fast approaching I share with you a way to use more green leafy veggies in your diet!
- Eggless Egg Salad Eggless Egg Salad is another great recipe loaded with nutrition from alkalizing vegetables, health-promoting spices, anti-inflammatory nuts and healthy oils
- Health-e-Recipe: Veggie Burger Looking for a raw burger substitute? this Veggie Burger might be your answer. Loaded with healthy ingredients, it is sure to provide nutrition and taste!
- Health-e-Recipe: Cilantro Pecan Sauce You can serve this Cilantro Pecan Sauce on steamed vegetables, as a dip for raw veggies or as a sandwich spread. You can thin it down for salad dressing.
- Health-e-Recipe: Raw Taco Shells We already have therapeutic tortillas and red cabbage leaves. Now add Raw Taco Shells to your arsenal of fine foods for better blood sugar control.
- Health-e-Recipe: Zinner Zippy Lunch In a hurry or on the go and you need something quick? Try the Zinner Zippy Lunch. This nutritious, fast and easy lunch recipe is filling and delicious.
- Health-e-Recipe: Moroccan Vegetables This Moroccan Vegetables recipe is delicious! We took the liberty of eliminating the carrots to keep within the Roman Diet for optimal blood sugar control.
- 4 Simple New Year Detox Steps New year’s resolutions can be challenging at time. Add these 4 Simple New Year Detox Steps to your day and you will be sure to feel great in no time.
- Walnut-Crusted Eggplant Cutlets This Walnut-Crusted Eggplant Cutlets recipe is not alkaline because it is cooked, but it is therapeutic because it is still good for blood sugar control.
- Health-e-Recipe: Onion Bread This Onion Bread is a therapeutic recipe that has some versatility. You may want to try it for pizza crust, sandwich bread or as cracker for dipping.
- Health-e-Recipe: Goddess of Greens Smoothie A wonderful green smoothie recipe for all of us to enjoy: the Goddess of Greens Smoothie. It is alkaline, raw, very low glycemic, nutritious and hydrating.
- Health-e-Recipe: Almond Cinnamon Shake Here is a luscious Almond Cinnamon Shake recipe that can be for any time of day. It is very low-glycemic, alkalizing, therapeutic and tastes great!
- Health-e-Recipe: Smoky Zucchini Dip Smoky Zucchini Dip is an easy-to-make yet impressive looking dip that would be perfect at a party table. It is a therapeutic and delicious dip.
- Health-e-Recipe: Hemp Seed Tabouli This Hemp Seed Tabouli recipe meets all the criteria for #TheRomanDIet: Right-Carb, #VeryLowGlycemic, low #InsulinDemand, antioxidant rich, adequate protein
- Health-e-Recipe: Christmas Cocktail Nuts To get you into the spirit of the season, this Christmas Cocktail Nuts recipe is great during the holidays, but equally appropriate the rest of the year!
- Roasted Cauliflower Lemon-Tahini Sauce This Roasted Cauliflower Lemon-Tahini Sauce recipe is a great addition to #TheRomanDiet arsenal of recipes for sustainable living. We hope you enjoy it.
- Health-e-Recipe: Avocado Hummus The first time I made this Avocado Hummus recipe I was amazed. It was very filling and delicious. I can make a meal of this with red pepper slices.
- Health-e-Recipe: Luscious Lemon Cheesecake How about a totally healthy luscious lemon cheesecake for dessert on Thanksgiving? This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar free, raw, and more!
- Health-e-Recipe: Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Chia seeds in the Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding recipe are loaded with healthy ALA. This omega-3 has similar health benefits associated with fish oil omega-3
- Health-e-Recipe: Cinless Cinnamon Rolls The Cinless Cinnamon Rolls recipe is somewhat involved to explain, but it is well worth the effort to make them once you taste the finished product!
- Lemon Coconut Chia Seed Pudding Try this delicious Lemon Coconut Chia Seed Pudding recipe. If you are battling high blood glucose levels, check your BG level after using coconut milk.
- Health-e-Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper and Zucchini Salad We tip our hats again to Michelle Knight for this wonderful, therapeutic recipe. We hope you enjoy it! You must log in to your Health-e-Solutions free member account to download this recipe. Once logged in, look for it under “Recipes” on our Free Recipes page
- Health-e-Recipe: Coconut Pancakes Start your morning off with these scrumptious Coconut Pancakes. This is a transitional recipe. Substitute ground flaxseed and water to make it therapeutic.
- Broccoli Shirataki Noodle Soup Fr this new Broccoli Shirataki Noodle Soup recipe, You could add some tofu to make it more filling. We love getting recipes to try from all of you.
- Green Beans Sun Dried Tomato Black Olive Sauce THANK YOU to Michelle, from Georgia, for this yummy Green Beans Sun Dried Tomato Black Olive Sauce recipe. We use the kalamata olives that are vinegar-free.
- Health-e-Recipe: Focaccia Bread Ailsa in Canada sent in this delicious Focaccia bread recipe, which she makes for her son. We made some, and the boys really liked it. In fact we all did!
- PH Friendly Lemon Nut Bars This delicious pH Friendly Lemon Nut Bars recipe is a great snack. If you are looking for something to pack in your lunch this might do the trick just fine.
- Health-e-Recipe: Shish Kabobs We had a Shish Kabobs party the other night for a birthday dinner. Each person could make their own shish kabobs. We served this with a colorful, big salad.
- Health-e-Recipe: Garlic Toast We make garlic toast by taking slices of almond flat bread and covering it with extra-virgin olive oil, freshly crushed garlic, Real Salt, basil and oregano
- Eggplant Parmagiana Recipe Demo Online Tova demonstrates one of Sally Roman’s recipes. This is a great eggplant parmigiana and an easy from-scratch marinara sauce. Take a look if you would like to see this recipe demonstrated.
- Health-e-Recipe: Fresh Lemonade We really like to make fresh lemonade. It is so healthy and delicious – and alkaline! Variations: You can add some fresh diced mint leaves for added flavor.
- Nathan’s Brownies Transitional Recipe We have Nathan’s Brownies Transitional Recipe. Just omit the cinnamon and add 4 tbsp. organic, unsweetened cocoa powder. These are nutritious and yummy!
- Health-e-Recipe: pH Popsicles We hope you are enjoying these summer days. Remember to drink plenty of alkaline water to stay well-hydrated in the heat. pH Popsicles might help!
- Health-e-Recipe: pH Pickles For a refreshing summertime treat, we enjoy pH pickles that we make. It is fast and easy. The delicious recipe is in our Ultimate recipe e-Book.
- Health-e-Recipe: Healthy Doughnuts I was shopping at a grocery store the other day and found a mini-doughnut pan! That gave me an idea… why not make Roman Diet-style Healthy Doughnuts!
- Gabe’s Birthday Party Cupcakes Sally made healthy, Birthday Party Cupcakes instead of sugary cake and put candles in Gabe’s so he could blow them out. They were the talk of the party!
- Health-e-Recipe: Mint Tea My dear friend, Katy graciously brought some delicious mint tea over to our home the other day. Our children raved about it, so I asked her for directions.
- Calculating Carbs Health-e-Solutions Recipes When calculating carbs for our recipes, please be sure to subtract all of the fiber grams from carb grams. Test blood sugars before and after a new recipe.
- Delicious Breakfast Granola We made a Delicious Breakfast Granola mix. All of the kids pitched in, and it didn’t take long to make. The recipe is in our Ultimate Recipe e-Book.