NEW! Roman Diet Animalized Diabetes Recipe e-Book
The Roman Diet is primarily plant based, but not exclusively so. Our previous recipe books have focused on plant-based recipes because we find them to be the best for reducing insulin demand and stabilizing blood sugar levels.
But what if you have stabilized your blood sugars using the Roman Diet plant based recipes and you are now ready to add in some animal protein? We have a recipe book for you!
This is not another paleo recipe book. These recipes are not overloaded with excessive meat, eggs and dairy. In fact, this recipe e-book is dairy-free!
This is not another low-carb recipe book. There are plenty of carbs, but only those with minimal impact on blood sugar control – the “right carbs.”
The Roman Diet Animalized Diabetes Recipe e-Book is designed using only Roman Diet-appropriate foods while adding adequate portions of animal protein to broaden your palate options and achieve a balance of flavor, nutrition and better blood sugar control.
All of our recipes are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, artificial ingredient-free, non-GMO and great tasting. Yes, it is possible to have great tasting recipes without all the stuff that can cause health problems.
So many recipes are made with higher-glycemic foods that can spike blood sugars, even those that claim to be good for people with diabetes! We decided to create an entire set of 88 recipes designed for lower impact on blood glucose yet still with maximum focus on nutrition, health and wellness. Our family enjoys these recipes, knowing we are eating our way to better health. We believe these “animalized” recipes support our health, and we think they can do the same for you. (Results may vary)
Since this is a book of recipes containing animal protein, virtually all of them fall into the Transition/Maintenance category for the Roman Diet. The Ultimate recipe e-book and The Liquid Assets recipe e-book contain hundreds of recipes that fill out the Therapeutic and Therapeutic/Raw categories.
All of our animalized recipes in this book contain no dairy, gluten, sugar or artificial ingredients. You also get many of the standard features of our other recipe e-books:
- 88 nutrient-dense, very low-glycemic, low insulin demand recipes
- Introduction and Our Story
- Chart and Recipe Listing
- Healthy Ingredient Substitutes
- Meal Suggestions
- Blood Glucose Food Response Chart
- U.S. to Metric Conversion Table
- Carb-Counting Information & Cheat Sheet
- Roman Diet Fats & Oils Ranking & Info-Graphic
- Food Preparation Equipment
- And more!
- Glycemic Load and Insulin Load – In addition to calories and macronutrient content per serving for each recipe, we include the estimated glycemic load (GL) per serving as reported by the SELF Nutrition Data website. This may help you determine which recipes are most beneficial to minimize your insulin demand and exogenous insulin requirements. We also explain how we calculate the insulin load per serving so you can do it yourself with any foods or recipes.
- Sugar to Stevia Conversion Chart – We consider stevia the best choice in alternative sweeteners for the Roman Diet and overall health. We discuss the benefits of stevia and include a Sugar to Stevia Conversion Chart to help you determine the amount of this zero-glycemic, zero-calorie sweetener to use as a substitute for sugar in some of your favorite recipes.
- Recipe Nutrition Information – We explain the nutrition information graphic provided for each recipe and how best to use it. The focus is on the macronutrients, fat, carbohydrate and protein. We think it is critical to understand how carbohydrates are reported in nutrition data tables so that you can better dose insulin (if you need it). The carbohydrates in the Roman Diet are remarkably low-glycemic, so be sure to watch your insulin dosing!
K.R. from Pennsylvania writes:
Got my recipe book a couple of days ago and you guys did a wonderful job. Interesting mix of recipes, most of them quick and easy. You even tucked in a few breakfast, snacks, desserts, side dishes etc. for variety. There’s lots of ideas how to improvise to change up tastes and flavors to meet everyone’s taste buds. I’ve got lots of cooking to do since I have marked about 90% of the recipes as ones I MUST TRY! Thank you for all your effort and the great work to make an exceptional product for our health and safety.
The Roman Diet Animalized Diabetes Recipe e-Book broadens the Roman Diet for people who have stabilized their blood sugars and now want to expand their palate to include very low-glycemic, recipes with animal protein. Better than Paleo. Better than low-carb. These recipes are rich in healthy fats, adequate protein and the right type of carbs: very low-glycemic, low #InsulinDemand, promoting a healthy gut flora.
After purchasing, you will receive a confirmation email that includes a link with which to download your Recipe e-book. Enjoy!