Whey Protein Helps Fight Obesity Type 2 Diabetes

(Source)

HeConnection-Vitamins-Minerals-Supplements-Whey Protein Helps Fight Obesity Type 2 DiabetesWhey Protein Helps Fight Obesity Type 2 Diabetes – Taking whey protein isolate or whey protein concentrates may help treat type 2 diabetes mellitus and prevent obesity….

From time to time, research suggests that consumption of milk and dairy products may help prevent weight gain or obesity or even prevent type 2 diabetes. Whey protein accounts for 30 percent of total protein in milk and the remaining 70 percent is casein. Whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrates are commonly used by bodybuilders.

The authors, D. Jakubowicz and O. Froy of Tel Aviv University in Israel, say that recent studies have shown whey protein has beneficial insulinotropic and glucose-lowering properties in both healthy and type 2 diabetes individuals.

Whey protein releases bioactive peptides and amino acids upon being digested in the gastrointestinal tract. These amino acids and peptides promote the release of several gut hormones including cholecystokinin, peptide YY and the incretins gastric inhibitory peptide, and glucagon-like peptide 1 that potentiate insulin secretion from β-cells and are linked with regulation of food intake.

Additionally, these whey protein derived bioactive peptides may also function as endogenous inhibitors of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) in the proximal gut, preventing incretin degradation, which is good for type 2 diabetes management.

Recent research identified DPP-4 inhibitors in whey protein hydrolysates, which confirms that the anti-obesity and anti-diabetic properties are not pure speculation or observation.

Whey protein in forms of whey protein hydrolysates and whey protein concentrate is available as a dietary supplement. In addition to their potential benefits for people with type 2 diabetes, these products can help maintain muscle health including help repair muscle damage induced during physical exercise. For individuals who do not use animal products yet want to maintain muscle health, they may use supplements of branched chain amino acids, leucine, isoleucine and valine. These amino acids are helpful when a person uses a protein-restricted diet.

Health-e-Solutions Comment

Notice the study was done with type 2 diabetes. They are not generally characterized as having a potential autoimmune response to cow’s milk, It is good they make a distinction between whey and casein. It is the casein that is usually suspectHeS-Products-Services-Whey Protein Helps Fight Obesity Type 2 Diabetesed of being a potential trigger in the development of type 1 diabetes. We would need to see more research to support the use of whey with type 1 diabetics before we would try it. Whey has a very high insulin demand associated with it. Then we would want to make sure that the whey concentrate was free of casein, especially A1 beta casein. We would rather err on the side of caution at this point.

 The Roman Diet Diabetes recipe e-books and home study course options equip you with the information and recipes you need to employ a practical, sustainable Health-e-Solutions lifestyle. Our Natural Solutions and lab review will help you improve your lifestyle, #ControlDiabetes, evaluate your progress and understand the tests required to monitor diabetes. We are convinced this is the healthiest way to #ControlType1Diabetes and type 2 diabetes, as well as other auto-immune & lifestyle diseases.

We believe living the Health-e-Solutions lifestyle can take you much farther down the road to good health and optimal #BloodSugarControl than will any other lifestyle. We think this lifestyle can put your body in a position of strength to protect, preserve, and possibly even restore health.